Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Test

Here's a test.  Let's test a list of things I know are wrong:

  • I know some of the colors haven't made the blue/white transition from the blue/brownish grey
  • I can't figure out a good place for the search box.  Everytime I try to code it in the upper right-hand corner, it moves around between browsers.  Sigh.
And a quote:
Gosh, this is gonna be the hotness!
Go ahead and post in the comments.  I want to see what comments look like so I can theme them!

~Jeremy

8 comments:

Anonymous,  November 12, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

Random thought...the graphic in the upper left hand looks like the american flag at first glance. maybe it's just me.

Rev. Jeremy Smith November 12, 2008 at 4:11 PM  

Whoa...weird. I never noticed. It is supposed to be a circuit board, but the dots and stripes look american flag-ish. Good eyes!

david November 12, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

I would like the option to have my cursor be a ligtht saber while enjoying the blog.

http://www.rw-designer.com/cursor-set/lightsabercs

Rev. Jeremy Smith November 12, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

Alright Tiff, I flipped it. Hope that either makes me (a) more unpatriotic and (b) better.

Rev. Jeremy Smith November 12, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

@ Patrick, yeah, any recs on fonts that don't look hokey?

@ david, that would be amazing. It will be easy, I think, to upload that to every child in America. Can you imagine the joy? I can.

Matt Algren November 13, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Overall, I like it. Much better with dark text on light background. I'd go with an even darker color for the comments, though. It looks like they're the same color as the background of the bar above each comment, but you can get the same effect even if you go darker. Maybe a #333 or #444 will still read gray while having a more stark contrast.

On the sidebars: Do you need three? The linkbar and subscribe box are duplicating information from the header, and the stats one could be combined with the feed stats box. (That is, unless you get rid of them altogether.)

There's a theory out there (analysis paralysis) that says that if you give people too many choices on a page, they choose none of the above and leave. I don't go quite as far as Pearson does at that link, but I have trimmed down on the choices that a reader can make. (I can see a possible church hack in there. Hmmm...)

As for the search box, I agree that top right is a good place for it. Have you tried switching from div to span in that section? I don't know if that's possible in blogger, but it should keep the box inline with the linkbar items.

P.S. WordPress rules, Blogger drools. ;)

Post Your Comment (click here for a pop-up comment form)

Here's the comment form message

Bookmark

diigo it

Google Responses

Latest from the Methoblog

Search the Methodist World

Want to see more United Methodist responses to a topic? Enter the topic into this search engine and search ONLY methodist blogs and sites!
Disclaimer: all original content reflects the personal opinions of Rev. Jeremy Smith, not the doctrinal positions or statements of the United Methodist Church local and global.
all linked or quoted content represent the source's opinions, not Jeremy or the United Methodist Church.

blogarama - the blog directoryBlogging Fusion Blog DirectoryChristianity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directoryblog search directoryBloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directoryBlog DirectoryFree Blog DirectoryBlog Flux Directory

  Blogger Template © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP